- 8oz salted cod
- 2 large tins ackee in brine
- 2 tomatoes
- Half a green and red pepper
- 1 onion
- Cracked black pepper
- Scotch bonnet pepper, sliced
- Soak the salt cod overnight to remove most of the salt, boil in fresh water for 20 minutes then drain.
- Scrape off the skin then shred the fish into flakes, removing any bones.
- Drain the ackee, then boil in salted water for one minute, drain again.
- Chop the tomatoes, peppers and onions into small pieces. Fry for a few minutes in some oil with the cracked black pepper and scotch bonnet to taste.
- Add the fish and ackee and cook for a further three minutes.
Serve with baked breadfruit, cooked green bananas or Caribbean dumplings